Sunday, February 20, 2005

Necessito Burrito

I spent hours grocery shopping today (first at Publix and then to BJ's). I really miss the grocery stores at home. I've been craving mexican food something fierce, and I'm a pretty decent cook - but the problem is that I can't get the ingredients that I need here to cook what I want. I would do anything for good mexican food and a margarita right now. Anything. A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

I can't even find decent tortillas here. I would make them myself but I don't have a tortillas press anymore. That and I don't know where to buy lard here, as they don't carry it in the grocery stores here like they do in Texas. I can't even get decent peppers, so I grow my own jalapenos, habaneros, serranos, etc. I miss enchiladas. I miss tamales (and I don't even care for them that much). I miss chili rellenos, carne guisada, empanadas stuffed with pumpkin or pineapple (ohhhhhhhh), mole...

There are so many delicious things at home that I miss the taste of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home