Tuesday, February 22, 2005

"C'est la vie", say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell"

My evaluation actually went really well. In fact, the only thing that was addressed as a "needs improvement" is my hours, which were acknowledged wasn't my responsibility to generate. Everything else was highly complimentary. If there's one thing I love, it's praise.

Someone just sent me a link to my site as translated to cockney. Rather humorous to read myself like that - in addition to Redneck, Swedish Chef, etc. http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/dialectp.cgi?dialect=cockney&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.texasonmymind.blogspot.com.

My mp3 player is in love with Bob Marley, Riot Squad and a Kansas City Jazz from the 1920s cd. It has literally thousands of songs, maybe 20 of which are Bob Marley and I swear I've heard almost all of them today on the ride home. Same goes for the other two.

The random last ten (wow that is random):

1. Liza and Louise - Punk O'Rama - NOFX (With a flick of the tongue)

2. Pale September - Tidal - Fiona Apple (And all my armor falling down, in a pile at my feet)

3. Bad Bad Whiskey - 20 Best of Blues - Amos Milbourne (Bad Bad Whiskey made me lose my happy home)

4. Like a Parasite - Hopelessly Devoted to You, Volume 2 - The Queers (Like a parasite, I want to crawl all over you)

5. Disappearing Boy - 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hour - Green Day (Don't say my thoughts are not for real)

6. Oh Bondage (Up Yours) - Punk You Volume 1 - X-Ray Spex (Bind me, tie me, chain me to the wall)

7. All Shook Up - Elvis 30 # 1 Hits - Elvis Presley (I'm proud to say that she's my buttercup)

8. The Devil Went Down to Georgia - The Charlie Daniels Band (I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul, 'cause I think I'm better than you)

9. Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes (I'm high as a kite, I just might, stop to check you out)

10. Son of a Preacher Man - Pulp Fiction - Dusty Springfield (The look that was in his eyes - Stealin' kisses from me on the sly)

And to the lady who heard me singing in the grocery store. I'm really sorry. I didn't realize that I was singing out loud. I guess she's not a fan of Pansy Division. Eh. I don't really want to be a slut.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Pants said...

#8 is one of my all-time favourite songs, for which I'm endlessly made fun of.

7:54 AM, February 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home