Monday, September 26, 2005

Littering

Yesterday, we spent the day fishing at a handful of lakes in the area. They were beautiful pristine spots. The autumn afternoon sun was warm on my back, as the wind was lapping over the waters.

Geese were frolicking about the edges of the lake, their distinctive sound breaking the silence of solitude.

It was perfect. It was pristine... until

I noticed that people everywhere were throwing trash on the ground. Spent line, beer cans, broken tackle.

Michael and I spent an hour at dusk picking up after everyone else and throwing their refuse away in the garbage can that was ON THE WAY to the parking area.

Why are people such assholes?

1 Comments:

Blogger evolver said...

I hate that, I absolutely hate that. How much effort does it take to haul a one ounce empty can to a trash can?

4:29 PM, September 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home