Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Blast from the past

From time to time I wonder what has happened to people I knew once upon a time. And no, not just people that I dated or crushed on - but for instance Amy and Kelli Hodges who were twins and my best friends in fourth grade whose dad used to go hot air ballooning, or Melissa Sobotka and Shana Metz my best friends in third grade who I lost track of some fifteen years or so ago. Or people from my highschool classes... although not necessarily the Cubs pitcher that I went to school with. I'm sure everyone else wants to be his best friend now that he's in the "show"- but not so much for me. Whatever happened to Bill Harding? Hillary? Sabrina? A million other people?

I wonder if other people other than him have made their big breaks. I wonder if they're content with their lives in suburbia shuttling kids to and from soccer practice.

True, I wonder about "those" people too. Not that I have any intention or desire to rekindle old flames, but I just want to see how they're doing, to see if they're happy with the lives that they have. Are they married, do they have kids, etc.? Are they happy with their career choices? Have they all turned into right wing nutjobs?

O.k. I admit, a small part of me wants to go "haha! look how much you screwed up" to a certain person or two, but for the most part my interest is completely innocent.

I got another random e-mail from someone I went to high school with the other day and hopped on to Cl.ass.mates to see if I could find out where a few other people were. To my disappointment, the majority of people that I wanted to find weren't on there.

I wonder if some of the people I'd like to find even would remember me.

2 Comments:

Blogger newsgirl said...

find your friends at myspace.com, after you register, its free, you can search by name, school, age, etc....I've talked to people I haven't seen since middle school!
~V~

11:00 AM, September 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet this is April Dale who moved up north so many years ago... in any case here's a texas hey there to you! It's Melissa Sobotka-Rhodes-Buhro. There's a lot of stories in those names. In any case a quickie... I'm married to the best friend I ever had and we have a beautiful little girl who is now 7 months old. I have a degree in Economics and work at the mall. I do still think of you... the house next to your old one burned down a few years back, the old neighborhood is all gangs and drugs, Morton never put new seesaws in, and I've never heard from Matt Lucas. Hope all is finding you well. Lots of love from Texas... Melissa

11:01 PM, November 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home