Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Changing of the guard

With Rhenquist gone, I shudder to think about the make up of the Supreme Court in the upcoming years. The thought of Roberts becoming the Chief Justice makes me green around the gills. The President may have confidence in him, but I do not. I shudder at the thought of having a Chief Justice who is so conservative. It doesn't matter if you call him "moderate." A spade is a spade. What really bothers me, though is the fact that Roberts is so young. As much as Scalia frightens me I would rather he be appointed to the position of Chief Justice.

I fear that we are rolling back the clock on all the freedoms we hold dear.

I am truly afraid.

1 Comments:

Blogger evolver said...

I don't know much about appointments in the US, but here in Canada, it would be expected the chief justice would be drawn from the pool of judges already sitting on the court.

A new judge would not have any experience, even if they were a top flight lawyer with a lot of time before the SC bench, and would be expected to gain that experience first.

I guess it does not work that way in Washington?

1:20 PM, September 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home