Wednesday, August 31, 2005

T minus three days

We are still in BOX mode. Yes, we have been here a month and we are STILL UNPACKING because we are such good little capitalists that we have more shit than we know what to do with.

Well, sort of - but mostly because we're both packrats.

My parents, my three younger sisters (20, 16 and 15) and my 4 year old cousin are driving up from Ft. Worth* this weekend to see the new digs. They're staying with us in our two bedroom house. It's going to be cozy to say the least.

We're going to be in Manhattan (the little apple - not the big one) for the FIU/K State game on Saturday, and then driving back home to meet them. Home. It hasn't quite sunk in yet. I'm used to seeing 'Canes and Seminoles on people's cars, not Tigers and Wildcats and Jayhawks. It still feels a little off.

*Michael always laughs because I say that I'm from Dallas and not Ft. Worth. Technically I'm from neither - but right smack in the middle. I remember being in high school and there was an Absolut Vodka ad that was an Absolut Dallas and Absolut Ft. Worth photo spread on opposite pages of a lot of magazines. The woman that was Dallas was refined, in dark clothes and diamonds. Ft. Worth was a cowgirl hat and turqouise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home