Friday, August 19, 2005

What she never had the courage to say

I forgot to tell you.

Actually,
in all honesty, I didn't forget.
I never have in all this time,
I didn't have the courage,
I didn't have the chance.

The timing was off,
It wasn't proper.
I couldn't.
I shouldn't have.
But I did.

I do.
I always will,
and I think you understand.

But due to circumstances,
the words will not escape my lips.
It's changed too... more pure
more innocent, but just as much.

I'm afraid to see you, afraid
my eyes will deceive me....
pouring forth the emotion
that I have worked to restrain.

Written once,
on tearstained paper
after it was too late.
No return address.

Trust in your heart.

I cannot end the loneliness
or break you free,
but when the silence is too loud
remember, you are not alone.

You will never be alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home