Monday, August 15, 2005

Laughing at myself

I work with someone with the most grating laugh - it sounds like an enormous pack of dying hyenas. And she's a very bubbly person, so it's a sound that often bounces down the hallway startling me from the depths of concentration.

I've never been fond of the sound of my own laughter - or for that matter - the sound of my own voice. I hate listening to voice messages I've left for other people, they leave me appalled. I've always been teased about my voice, and I'm extremely self conscious about it. When I hear myself talking - it doesn't sound like that. I wonder sometimes what it sounds like to other people. Surely my own voice doesn't have that deep Texas twang. At least I hope it doesn't. Surely it doesn't sound that way. And it leaves me wondering, am I the person with the grating laugh that others are bitching about in their blogs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home