Friday, August 12, 2005

Baby the lucky ones for a moment or two...

Pat Green is going to be in town soon, and I would love to go - but last night when I asked if he would go with me, he gave a resounding "not a chance in hell." Guess that pretty much clears that up.

True, it's part of a tour with Kenny Chesney and Gretchen Wilson, neither of whom I'm really interested in seeing. And by not interested, I mean not even in the "we can still be friends kind of way." It's not going to be in a smaller venue, and I think that will take away from the dancehall charm. A huge arena is not exactly City Limits, you know? Given that he's a "special guest" and not the headline act, I'm wondering how many songs he'd actually sing. I'm also going to be driving back from St. Louis that day from a Cards game (one of the last in Busch stadium), so I know it's going to be difficult, if not impossible to get back in time.

But still. I've missed him now by two days in New Orleans, a day in the Dallas area.

So take me out to a dancehall
Slap my foot down to the rhythm
Tell 'em to play them old songs that we all love
And you tell me that you want me
And I tell you that I want you too
And I kiss your face,
Whenever you want me to.

2 Comments:

Blogger AWG said...

I love Pat Green. Saw him in Ruston, La. on the "Wave on Wave" tour. Excellent show. I'm a Cards fan as well. Good to know there some bloggers out there with good taste.

11:54 AM, August 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat Green kicks arse

Go TSU!!!

]=^D

3:55 PM, August 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home