Friday, February 11, 2005

Alguna vez has visto estrellas con los ojos cerrados?

Today, mixed in with interoffice memos and a pile of pension plan guides in my inbox was a small red envelope made of homemade paper emblazoned with tiny white hearts - without a return address. While it is always a welcome surprise, I rarely get personal mail at work, so I double checked the front of the envelope to make sure I wasn't about to open someone else's letter.

Once I had identified that it was indeed for me, I curiously opened it - peeling back the silver seal of acanthus leaves wrapped around a single initial - "J." Inside, written in gold ink was an incredibly sweet note from someone I went to law school with. Someone who was incredibly lavish with compliments the entire time I knew him. Someone who when I cut my hair and walked into class in a new outfit my first year whistled and got everyone to give me a standing ovation. Someone who tried to convince me to travel to Spain and Italy with him. Someone who told me every single day that I saw him - and often when I didn't via IM - that I was beautiful. Someone that I never even went on a date with. Never kissed. Never even spoke on the phone to.

Thank you Jojo. Thank you for making me feel so incredibly special today.

Magnetic, breathtaking, dazzling and graceful I am not - but I am very appreciative. And quite flattered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home