Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Warm and sweet

I absolutely adore hot cocoa. I love the warm sweetness rolling over my lips - spilling onto my tongue. I love the warmth that seeps through my entire body when I swallow. I love all variations of it -sweet, rich and creamy - heady, dark and strong - tinged with cinnamon - or with a dollop of whipped cream - I adore it. It brings me such happy memories. Moments wrapped in a woolen scarf yelling at a football game, watching icicles melt off my grandmother's front porch, snuggling into the couch in my first apartment, so many wonderfully pleasant memories. It's pure bliss. I never thought I would say this, but I miss the cold. I miss the exhiliration of a shot of cold air in my lungs.

Today, the weather's warming back up. I'm wearing a fitted cashmere turtleneck, a plaid woolen school-girl skirt that hits right above the knee, and black leather boots. This is my last touch of "winter" for awhile. Sadly, I have the air conditioning in my office on to make this comfortable to wear.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Pants said...

Are you a "with marshmallows" or a "no marshmallows" kind of gal?

(I can do either, but I do like the "with." And oddly, I prefer the "just add water" kind to the "add hot milk" stuff.)

8:53 AM, January 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was more interested in the school-girl skirt - mwhu hah hah haaaa!

9:25 AM, January 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love marshmallows. Tons of them.

And yes, I agree - the add hot water is just as good as the add hot milk. Besides the fact that as much as I love dairy I'm lactose intolerant so I can't have much of it.

12:32 PM, January 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home