Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Ugh.

I just got out of a two hour meeting at work with my boss and a group of four investment advisors that are potential referral sources of business. When I was speaking, all of them were watching me intently. The irritating part, they weren't watching my face - at all. In seventh grade when my friends were sporting new training bras - I was already spilling out of a D cup. I was used to merciless teasing and bra strap popping. I was used to carrying on conversations with people who responded solely to my breasts. I was used to boys "accidentally" bumping into me in the hallway.

Look, don't get me wrong, it's flattering at times for a man to obviously be interested in the "girls" (sadly, I married an ass man - who wouldn't care if they existed or not - so sometimes it's nice to be 'appreciated'). But in a professional environment, I expect to be treated a certain way - and that does not include OBVIOUS oogling of the tatas.

My MBA and JD were both obtained with honors. I've worked on multi-million dollar deals in an extremely technical specialized field of law- but none of that matters. The entire time I'm speaking about my practice and prattling on about fiduciary duties they're imagining me in the sack.

As we sat around making small talk for the elevator, one of them said how great it was to be somewhere where you could show so much skin during January on the beach. He then purred - you must be very good at what you do.

You bet your ass I am. I'm good at everything I do.

Standing there with a knot in my stomach - I was so skeeved out. Nothing is nastier than knowing you're going to be masturbatory fodder for someone who you find repulsive.

Ewwww. And they were all old enough to be my father.

*creepy shiver*

must think happy thoughts. must think happy thoughts. must think happy thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home