Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Ants in the pants?!?!?

I've been 26 for almost a week now, and I still haven't talked to either of my parents. I bought myself roses on my birthday, and they shriveled up and wilted, without ever opening. Bah.

You load sixteen tons, what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt.

I got a few random e-mails that surprised me, my roommate from grad school, a girl who I haven't seen since the first year of law school...

Michael's gift to me isn't being delivered until we move into the new house, but he showed up with Ants in the Pants as a joke. I laughed so hard I cried. And for the record, it's actually much harder to play than I would have imagined.

I started a new job on Monday, although considering that I won't actually show up to it until August 1, it feels a little strange to think that I'm "working" when I'm sitting on the couch in my underwear.

My mom left a message the day after my birthday to let me know that my grandmother fell and shattered her arm trying to grab a stray kitten off the porch. When they got home from the hospital the air conditioning was broken in the house. When it rains, well in our family it's a veritable flash flood.

In two weeks, I will be done with the bar exam. I am so ill prepared, and so stressed. I just keep telling myself, this too will pass. This too will pass. I just hope I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home