Monday, June 13, 2005

Kitchen fetish

I love to cook, but I absolutely abhor my kitchen knives. They were his prior to when we moved in together, and god only knows how long he's had them. They're marginally sharp, and missing the crucial paring knife that I can't live without. Any good chef worth her weight in salt will tell you that good kitchen knives can mean the difference between a so-so cooking experience and one that borders on well, pleasurable.

As I was trying to inventory the items in the kitchen that I wanted to replace after we moved, I decided that I wanted to ditch the kitchen knives that we have and splurge a little. Not too much, but a little - on some that were worth my while.

We looked at some on Amazon, and Michael said the only way you're going to know if you're going to like them is to actually hold them. So off we went to a store specializing in kitchen supplies and I found out that the Wustoff Classic knives that I thought I wanted were way too heavy for my tiny hands, so I decided to try the Henckles five star knives - and fell in love. As it turns out, they were on sale, so he convincend me to go ahead and buy them. And I did, and a few more open stock items too.

Now - I'm all set and wanting to chop, slice and dice up everything in my general vicinity. And I'm having a bad day, so it's best not to come too close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home