Monday, March 28, 2005

The silent treatment

When you can't say what you want because the very hint of a whisper
is an insurrection in the making
When you can't hurt openly
the wracking sobs contained within
hidden behind the false smiles
When happiness is stifled and pain magnified
This isn't about one anymore
But it will be
It's about being an adult
And listening
And understanding
An emptiness
a void
an indescribable hole
And it's about giving up
and compromise
I've done it before
I'm an expert of sorts
If it takes letting go
of giving up
My hopes. My happiness.
I have no choice
I will have no voice
I will have no opinion
I will acquiesce to the status quo
I will be you
To please you

And it will kill me -a little at a time
until I am no longer
But it will make you happy
And that's what matters
That's all I want

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home