Friday, March 25, 2005

Praying I don't tip over

Tonight we're going canoeing on a moonlit tour of Biscayne Bay. I am quite excited - aside from the fear that a shark will knock my canoe over and eat me. I'm petrified of sharks, so the idea of being in a canoe, at night, well has me a little leery. Yes - I fully realize the fear is irrational, and I'm much more likely to be bludgeoned to death by a coconut, or perhaps dying in the bathtub (apparently a very common place to keel over). Nonetheless, I know that while we are out there, Michael will be humming the creepy Jaws music.

Once, I went canoeing down the Guadalupe river (where I was sunburned so badly afterward that I couldn't wear clothes for three days and still have small little scars on the top of my breasts from the blisters I got from being burned). My friend Sabrina tipped the canoe, and we ended up losing everything we had in it (including her shoes, our sunscreen - thus the blistering). I've been a few times since I've lived here - in the mangroves, but it's hard work - and to be quite honest I haven't been to the gym in about 6 weeks and am quite sluggish right now. It's going to be a lot of effort and I hope that it have enough in me to do this.

And I'm taking bets on how long it takes before Michael or I dump the boat first.

1 Comments:

Blogger evolver said...

bu-buh bu-buh bu-buh bu-buh

(Sorry, could not resist ;-)

9:32 AM, March 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home