Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My friend dramamine

Today I had to accompany a client into international waters to sign some documents. The waves were swelling at 5-7 feet and we were on a sportsfisher, so I was quite thankful for the Dramamine that one of the gentlemen had slipped me as we were taking off. And thankful that my gym bag was in my car. While perhaps not stylish, the tennis shoes with my long black skirt suit was a definite advantage over the four inch heels I was wearing.

While we were waiting for the ship's captain, we were hanging out at the slip - and there was a dolphin playing next to the boat in front of us, chirping and jumping. It was fun to watch.

We high tailed it 12 miles offshore signed the documents and then skipped back to shore. I came back to the office smelling like sea spray and my nose is a little burnt because I was up flirting with the ship's captain up on top for the 50 minute boat ride out and back. O.k. I wasn't really flirting, I was trying to stay away from the diesel fumes in the cabin. O.k. well maybe I was a tinge flirty. He had a cute accent and I am a sucker for those. In retrospect, I regret it because it took nearly twenty minutes to brush the tangles out of my hair.

The poor bank representative who went out with us spent the majority of the afternoon behind the boat hacking up her early lunch. It's a good thing we got into port when we did because a giant storm is brewing over the water and it's quite scary out now. I was fine on the boat, but now I feel like my desk chair is rocking back and forth.

Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home