Monday, January 31, 2005

Naked hiccuping relief

I get obnoxiously loud hiccups daily, sometimes two and three times a day. One of these days, I fear that they are going to simply never stop...

I'm already at work and was hoping to finish up a power point presentation before everyone got in this a.m., but I am hiccuping so loudly that I can't concentrate when I read.

My company left this a.m. I am so relieved - I can't wait to get home today and dance naked in the living room. No reason really, other than I can. And well, sometimes that's just reason enough.

Four days until New Orleans. I am so excited. I love that city - it's gross, it's dirty and the debauchery is palpable, but I love the history, the architecture. I love the ghost stories and the food. I love walking as dawn breaks over a city perpetually hung over.

Sweet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

New Orleans has got to be one of the coolest cities ever! I spent less than a day there recently... but fell in love with it immediately. I've got to go back there one day and spend some more time... even if the corpses sometimes do float up with the rain!

8:30 AM, January 31, 2005  
Blogger evolver said...

One of these days, I need to go, catch some jazz... one of these days... in pictures it looks something like Old Montreal, but it certainly doesn't sound anything like it.

Not sure I'd want to go at Mardi Gras, though. I am not much for crowds. :-)

10:59 AM, January 31, 2005  
Blogger April said...

I'm a little claustrophobic, so I'm concerned about the crowds. Old Montreal actually reminded me of New Orleans quite a bit when I visited. This will be my first Mardi Gras, so let's hope I make it back o.k.

11:13 AM, January 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home