Sunday, February 27, 2005

BD, Bert Grant's Mandarin Hefeweizen & Hoegaarden

BD = Beer Diary

I picked up a six pack of BG's Mandarin Hefeweizen (made in Yakima, WA) at the liquor store yesterday along with my bottle of Chopin and Jack and another six pack of Hogarten . I am such a good baptist girl at heart. *chuckle* I could pretty much operate a full bar straight out of my kitchen, but the thing is - most of the bottles are dusty.

The way that I look at it, most things that are "sin" are only such because we take them to excess. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule - but I live a life of moderation and I think if we all did the same, well the world would be a much better place. To be honest, there are bottles that have been unopened in there for at least three years.

So sitting here still uploading music...
I want to be stereotyped. I want to be classified.

Anyway, about the beers (and this is more for me than you):

BGMH: Fruity (to be expected with a name like Mandarin Hefeweizen), brewed with cascade hops it has a good taste. Cascade hops always taste better. I've had this about eight months ago or so but don't remember it. The aftertaste is almost a little too fruity for me... but overall is o.k As I have a crazy nose the scent is a little bit of a turn off - reminds me of the metallic sweet scent of opening a can of mandarin oranges. Would be nice in the summer - oh wait. Here that means all the time.

Hoegaarden. I've enjoyed this witbier for awhile. Pleasant notes of coriander and banana. Cloudy, sort of a heady musky scent. Tasty - would be even better on tap. Isn't particularly strong - not a criticism per se.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home