Saturday, January 01, 2005

Insomnia

Suffice it to say that the year is not starting well. It's 4:15 a.m., and insomnia has set in. The crickets are humming, their melancholy drone mitering out seconds, and minutes. Soon the sun will start to rise. It's impossible to dream in red when you are relegated to this. This - inbetween area where one is not quite awake, but not asleep either. When dawn breaks I will be able to fold myself into the comfort of the rays and drift off, I hope.

Maybe a walk on the beach will ease these thoughts of bluebonnets and belt buckles. Perhaps the crashing waves will absolve my soul of thoughts of fiddles and peaches and warm summer days with the sunlight dappled on my legs.

It's been a long time. I didn't realize I had missed Texas so much.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home